Express your philhellenism!
If you love Greece and would like to express your thoughts and feelings about the country, its culture, and its people, you can contribute to philhellenes using the form at the bottom of this page.
A contribution can take many forms — photos, sketches, short stories and poems, reminiscences of Greece and Greek people, Greek recipes, discussions of Greek art, history, and literature. A contribution can be as simple as a scan of an old holiday photo with a few words of description. You can submit text and up to three images. (If you wish to post an audio or video file, please upload it to Youtube or some similar service and post a link to that.) Contributions are moderated, but all suitable ones will be accepted.
- Fill in your name (real name preferred but pseudonyms are acceptable). This will be published with your post.
- [Optional] Fill in the URL of your website.
- Fill in a valid email address. (This is in case I need to contact you; it will not be published with your post.)
- Give a short, informative title for your post.
- [Optional] Add tags (keywords, such as ‘holidays’, ‘art’, ‘history’) separated with commas).
- Answer the anti-spam question.
- Select the post category ‘Readers’ posts’
- Write or paste the text of your post into the ‘Post Comment’ box. Posts must contain some text, even if it’s only a word or two, so if you’re posting a photo, please at least put your name or a brief description in the comment box. (If you wish to submit a very lengthy post, please check with the site editor first.)
- Select and upload up to three images using the ‘Choose File’ button. Maximum image size is 2048 pixels wide by 1500 pixels high. Images will be displayed below the text of your comment.
- When you are ready, click ‘Submit Post’. If you have attached an image, wait till it uploads (there should be an indicator in your browser status bar). If the upload has been successful, you should see a pop-up message confirming that your post has been received.
- Posts will appear on the live site once approved by the site editor.
- If you have any problems, please contact the site editor.
Before posting please note the following points. In what follows ‘post’ means any text or images posted to through the form below.
- You must have the right to publish the post here. (If you do not own the copyright yourself, you must have permission from the copyright holder.)
- The creator of the post retains copyright in it.
- Posts must not contain any illegal, defamatory, abusive, or sexually explicit statements or imagery.
- Posts must not contain commercial or political advertising.
- Overtly political posts are not encouraged. Philhellenes.org is not primarily a site for political discussion, and highly polemical pieces may be rejected.
- Important: By clicking ‘Submit Post’ you confirm that you have the right to publish the post and that you agree to its being published on the philhellenes.org website.
Posts that do not meet these conditions will be deleted.
Image credit: Blick auf die Stadt Corfu by Ludwig Hans Fischer (1848-1915).